Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

13 August 2009 Corry Hatchery and Home












Because of all my traveling and driving, I've been driving a company car this year. It's registered in Pennsylvania in a county with emission testing, and it was time for inspection. The best compromise for me was to stop at the dealer in Corry. Erie County has emission testing too. They inspected the car and said it needed brakes. While the repairs were being completed, I walked over to the Corry Fish Hatchery. The hatchery has been open for over 100 years. The building on the site is also supposed to be a design marvel for the day. It just looks like institutional government to me, but I not an architect.

The trout are amazing. They are such magnificent creatures. The power and strength they have is awesome. Their behavior in these tanks is also a bit like humans in real life.

After the car was complete, I had to drive back east to pick up some papers I had forgotten at our house. Once I got there, I decided to spend a near perfect afternoon working on the deck. I can't remember a day this peaceful or productive.

I drove home in the early evening and got to spend one glorious night in northeast Ohio. We celebrated with a quiet walk with the dogs at Punderson.

No comments: