Pages

Monday, July 04, 2022

5 September 2021 Elk Rail Trail

 There are not many rail trails in PA State Game Lands.  Today we were stopping to hike one in Elk County with a trail of geocaches.  My knee was killing me, but it was time to prove I can still hike.  The pain was made easier by a really attractive trail through the woods.  For most of the time I stayed on the trail while Ali chased the cache.  There was one cache hidden in a steep area that she didn't spot.  She had spotted a northern slimy salamander so I made my way up the incline to see the salamander and stayed to look for the find.

Eventually, I spotted the cache too.  The small waterfall below was an attractive spot to stop for a view.

Rain eventually chased us off the trail, but it was another day of what would hopefully be a comeback for me.

No comments: