Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

September 2017 Geauga Fair

I usually take vacation the Friday before Labor Day weekend so we can attend the fair and be together for the day with friends, but nothing was usual this year. The president of my company arranged a visit to the site of my office for the week, and decided to be on site Friday. It was still okay. I would work the day and join everyone at the end of the work day... which ended about 6:30. By the time I reached the fair, there wasn't really much left to be there. I stopped for a bite to eat with Ali, and we headed off to join our friends. The horse pull was well along. I was exhausted from the week and well out of the evening. We stayed for a bit with the pulls and moved off to play skee-ball together before heading home.

Ali and I made a short return visit Saturday morning to smell the hay cuttings, visit the goats, and stop by the places we enjoy each year. We didn't have a lot of time, but I needed to get grounded back in a normal life after the year so far.

No comments: