Pages

Saturday, May 05, 2018

9 December 2017 Caching Bay

Ali wasn't up to caching today so Lizzie and I hit the trail alone for some time outdoors. Huntington Beach and Bay were more common places for me to visit when I lived and went to school on Cleveland's west side. These days, I pass by sometimes on my way to or from Indiana. They were a perfect place to visit today as I try to avoid caching solo in places we might visit and enjoy together. Huntington Beach will be packed in the summer and busy in the spring and fall. It takes a strong constitution to withstand the cold winds off the lake in the winter. We were among the few here today.

For the second time in a few weeks I spotted a freighter moving west through the lake. It was far from shore and gave no real information of it's identity.

The water was icing near the shore, but the mallards were plentiful and didn't seem to mind.

Lizzie was the perfect guardian for muggles at caches.

Our journey took us past the old remains of the Cahoon trestle on the Lake Shore Limited.

Don't head down bunny trails when you are out caching. ;)

Our walk took us through the Huntington Reservation and to the nearby community park where Cahoon Creek was icing over quickly.

One last find and we were on our way back home.

No comments: