Pages

Saturday, February 29, 2020

10 September 2019 Returning to Alfred

It had been a long time since my last visit to the Alfred area.  This time I was back for a business trip.  I had closed out my business and was on my way home when I stopped by a riverside pull-off for a conference call.  After the call I walked over to the dam area to see if there might be any birds feeding below the dam.


Except for a lone hawk the river and dam area was quiet.  On my way back to the vehicle, I glanced to a quiet side stream and spotted a great blue.



I continued my drive with the plan to stop at Lock 102 to find the cache there.  Since I was passing by I decided to make yet another attempt to find the cache at the Hinsdale American Legion Post.  I was successful today.


Lock 102 was overgrown with fall wildflowers in bloom and made a pleasant visit.


No comments: