Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

10 October 2020 Ashtabula

 I spent the morning doing chores with a plan to visit Ashtabula County for an Adventure Lab at covered bridges.  My plan went smoothly until I reached the first stage of the Adventure Lab at Harpersfield Bridge and found I could not get a signal.It was frustrating trying having the answer and trying to get a signal while working to avoid the maskess fools.


I decided to move around the county a bit and visit the smaller cemeteries to look for the caches recently hidden in them.   I stopped at the cemetery in Machanicsville, and enjoyed the find as well as reading stones for the history.




There are some days where I am just bored with Geocaching.  This was one of them.  After the Mechanicsburg Cemetery I decided to give it up for the day.  As I was driving down the road nearby, I noticed a sign for Ashtabula Metroparks' Eyring Wetlands.  I was unfamiliar with the property so I decided to stop and explore the trails.  My bird sightings were minimal, but the wetland area looks like a great spot for migrating waterfowl to visit.



With a nice walk completed, it was time to head home to take care of the day's last chore, waxing the BRZ.



No comments: