Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

4 May 2021 Chicago Bog and Dryden Lake

I hadn't been to Chicago Bog in years.  It was great to be back for a lunch walk.  Cortland is always a few weeks behind my normal woods walks so I was able to enjoy spring flowers a second time. 







I was hoping for ducks and maybe a lucky warbler sighting when I reached the bog.


Instead I spotted turtles and a song sparrow.  They weren't quite what I was hoping for, but they were fun to see.


After work I made a first visit to Dryden Lake.  The lake was quite scenic with a trail along the northern shore.


My duck sighting was a little late, but I enjoyed a solitary merganser swimming across the water to a log where it stopped to dry off.


The old railroad grade was a pleasant walk although I was always looking out for more rain arriving.




Eventually the rain did arrive and I had a long run back to the vehicle.  The camera came through dry so the journey was worth the sights.



No comments: