Pages

Monday, February 07, 2022

28 June 2021 Finger Lakes Trail

 I had planned to visit the Finger Lakes Trail after work for a longer walk and a few geocache finds.  The day included rain showers and storms so I wasn't sure how the hike would go.  On my first attempt to enter the state forest, I was blocked with a downed tree.  I moved what I could to help the next traveller, but decided to hunt for a better way to the trail.

I found another road leading back to FLT and was able to reach the trail.  The downed tree was a bit of a concern as I stopped roadside for a couple cache finds.


After the finds I decided to drive under the tree with the thought there were other ways out.  I had a couple false starts with roads that were too underwater to navigate, but I eventually made my way to my second parking spot.  The roads had plenty of deep muddy areas, but the Subaru was up to the task.


I know wineberry is an invasive, but it has been here since 1890 and yields tasty fruit.  I was a little early to enjoy the berries this evening.


I was on the trail when still more rain arrived.  I was glad the shower was quick and happy to spot salamanders along the trail after the rain.



After the rain, the sun streamed throought the trees.


By the time I reached the turnaround of my walk, the skies were once again clear.



No comments: