Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

30 June 2021 Dryden Rail Trail

 The weather theme this week was rain.  Every day included at least a shower.  I still wanted a walk after leaving the office so I made my way south to Dryden to visit a rail trail.  It was a first visit to me sp I had a new place to explore.  There was a cache just across the road which I found first.  The hide including a song sparrow to enjoy.



I left the camera in the vehicle surrendering a chance for more birds in exchange for protecting the camera from the potential rain.  I didn't need to wait long for rain.


I spotted this interesting old bridge which appears to have once been a side turnout for the tracks which becam the rail trail.  Everything on either side appears to have been farmed for some time so the side line seemed odd.


Late June is not the time for most wildflowers so I was happy to see a few on the way.



Leaving the camera behind meant missing out a the multiple kingfishers along this section of water.  A little farther along the trail I missed a couple chances for re-bellied woodpecker images.  At least the camera was dry in the vehicle.


The weather gave a chance to enjoy a quiet walk on the trail and find a few caches.

No comments: