Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

23 February 2017 Southern Tier Caching

I was on my way home to Pennsylvania and wanted to enjoy a mild February day. Ali suggested the Arnot Nature Preserve with a 2003 and 2004 cache. The 2004 cache was a multi last found in September 2014. The caches were calling and the dirt road was there for walking.

I spent a long time hunting the 2003 traditional in this snowy foundation before making the find.

A guess and luck got me within the final of the lonely multi cache. Once there, the last stage was an easy find. 29 months without a find!

I was hoping the wetlands area might yield a duck sighting, but the water was still iced in.

My last visit was to Park Station in Chemung County. This is an attractive, large park with a nice trail around the perimeter of the lake and through the woods. It looks like a great place to spend a summer day. The trail around the still frozen lake were empty as I walked.

No comments: