Pages

Wednesday, August 07, 2019

12 April 2019 Southern Tier

My work was done, and I was headed back to Pennsylvania for the weekend.  Spring seemed to have taken a brief break from its arrival, but I was determined to find a few old caches on my way through an old familiar route.

No matter how many back roads of the southern tier I have explored there always seems to be another old cemetery to visit on an old dirt road.




Many of these old country cemeteries have graves dating back to the earliest days of our country.  This one is the final resting point of Revolutionary War veteran Silas Nash.



My drive home took me to the familiar town of South Dayton.  South Dayton looks even more tired since the days when I passed through regularily over a decade ago.  On this Friday evening the town's restaurant was busy with a dinner crowd while the rest of the storefronts seem to be long ago closed.


The old bank was once a grand building.


With a cache find by the volunteer fire department my caching day was over.  It was time to finish my drive home.

No comments: