Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

17 April 2019 Lime Hollow and the Finger Lakes Trail

I took a short walk at Lime Hollow Nature Preserve at lunch. I've spent a number of lunches and evenings here. It was good to see it again.




On my walk back to parking I spotted the remants of this old vehicle slowly rusting away in the woods.  I probably walked by this numerous times once the annual growth had arrived.


In the evening, I made my way to a section of the Finger Lakes Trail for a short hike.



A road sign to nearby Virgil seemed a little strange in these woods.  The roads were bad enough for me to not take the sport ute back.  Maybe this serves a purpose during snowmobile season.


I spotted these two items on a tree as I was ending my hike.  They were items noting the crew that had completed this section of the Finger Lakes Trail in May 1980.


No comments: