Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2019

4 June 2019 Hiking Monterrey

Ghost bikes mark the side of the trail heading into the steep rides on the side of the mountain.  My local engineer loves to ride here, but I am aware these peaks are beyond where I want to ride.


Our company truck sits in the shadow of the base of a peak.  Our target this evening is across the road.


The trail climbs quickly shrinking the road and vehicles.




Canyon wrens were abundant on the climb.






We were about 200 feet from the peak when we pulled back and started down.  Reaching the peak would have been easy.  Making the big descent on a treacherous trail in the dark was more risk than we can afford.

A few times a year on my trips to Monterrey, I indulge myself with a favorite dish.  Queso fundido with chorizo is a real treat for me.  The hotel does the dish well.  The hike seemed a reasonable warm-up for this dish.



No comments: