Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

13 June 2019 Winona Lake

It had rained heavily most of the day at the office so I was happy for a chance to do any walking this evening.  Since Warsaw was a new place to visit for me, there were a few choices.  I chose the area around Winona Lake.

I parked at Winona Lake and found one cache along a stream feeding the lake.  Most of my walk was at an old location called the Chicago Boys Club Camp which appears to have been around from 1916 until 1983.  The old camp is heavily wooded with a number of trails offering a good place to walk and find a few caches.

The area has a number of art works on display.  The tall chair is located along the feeder stream and not far from my first cache find of the evening.


The "book" below the chair is Websters New World Dictionary.




I even visited a rare for me earthcache in the park.  I probably would not have even stopped, but it is an artesian well and I like visiting those even if I don't bother with the earthcache.  I had stopped at a Dollar General on the way to get the thermometer in the image.  I promptly lost the thermometer on the trail. 😟  I was sad to lose it.  I liked the thermometer and it was a good size for a caching bag (which I did not bring on my walk).  I liked the artesian well and appreciated the earthcache for bringing me to its location.



I finished my evening with daylight to spare hoping to find at least one place in Warsaw for a meal I wanted (I didn't).

No comments: