Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2019

12 June 2019 Caching Warsaw (Indiana)

I was in the area for work.  All the rooms in Fort Wayne, where I usually stay, had been bumped up at least $100 a night.  I opted to head west a bit an stay in Warsaw which is about the same distance as Fort Wayne to our local operations in Columbia City.

Rather than hit the parks for the first night, I played a tourist and stopped at the tourist center for a redo off the Cache Across America Series.

V is for Visitors!


This is a laid back visitor center with some enticing adirondacks for resting a spell.


It's good to see the county is geocaching friendly.


I also visited the County Fairgrounds for a find at this early homestead.


I stopped for a find near the courthouse...


and found a couple benchmarks while there.


The food selections in town were really weak so I probably wouldn't return here unless there was some other price gouging event for Fort Wayne hotels.  The ice cream stand was top notch though.


No comments: