Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

20 February 2021 Visiting Niles

Phineas needed surgery and now needs to be with someone while he recovers.  I was sent on my way to hunt for caches on a very cold day.  I chose a visit to Niles.  It has been a long time since I was in Niles so it was fun to return.

My first stop was the town's old, grand cemetery with the notable names from the town's past including the Packard family.


I remember stories of my Dad owning a Packard when he and my Mom were dating.  I remember a picture of him standing beside his Packard.  I have many of the family images, but don't have that one.



This image is from the garden area of Niles Library.  The ice and snow ended an attempt to find an Adventure Lab, but this is a awesome area to visit.


I was headed to a cache I could not find when I passed Katie's Korner.  On the way back from the unfound cache, I consoled myself with my first ice cream stop of the (near) spring.  The homemade ice cream was very good even in cold weather and a bitter wind.



No comments: