Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 January 2010 "The lights are out..."


Even though I needed to make a trip to Spokane, I really didn't feel like traveling. As we were pulling into Cleveland Hopkins, Ali said something about the lights being out. Moments later we were being told a transformer fire had taken out all power to the airport. Hmmm... guess I can't travel all day Sunday after all :-)

The airport was really strange. I try to never fly out on Sunday mornings in the winter because the airport is always packed with pleasure travelers dragging way too many bags, trying to carry on way too much stuff, and having no idea of what they are doing. It was strange to be in the airport with no flights leaving, no scanners working, no luggage being lost (oops, that never happens, does it?).




Despite the fact the airport was expected to be fully powered until 6-8, I was re-scheduled for a flight at 7:20 in the evening. We couldn't travel too far in case the flight actually happened so we settled for a pleasant walk at Mentor Lagoons. I hoped for a few more bird sightings, but that wasn't to be.




Lake Erie looks really cold.

Just before sunset (or about three hours before my flight) Northwest finally figured out that my re-scheduled flight was not going to happen either. I got another reschedule and we headed off for a fun romp at Metzenbaum with the dogs.


Cheap snow gage

No comments: