Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

22 November 2017 Ithaca

I was headed back home to Pennsylvania and winter weather was predicted. I still wanted to get a little trail time and find a few caches so I chose Ithaca. My afternoon started with a dnf at a unique octagonal school house. I enjoyed the unique building although I'm not sure it was a great design for a schoolhouse.

My next stop was at the Cornell Plantations. I enjoyed a short walk along a trail which eventually led me to the arboretum area and an overlook point.

Once the trail moved away from the road traffic, this was a very peaceful walk.

The formal garden area at the edge of the arboretum offered a good view of the lower gardens. There is not much to see in December, but this must be a great view from spring through fall colors.

The cold was made worse with a stiff wind, but I was determined to cache until the weather made the last turn to snow. I moved the vehicle to the main parking area and hit the trial. I didn't last liong. After two more caches, I decided I was done for the day.

I saw enough to want to return on my next visit to the area.

No comments: