Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

2 May 2018 Visiting Morrow Park

It seems a little odd that Spokane parks are home to so many rusted, junk cars.

It was my first visit to Morrow Park. I had just entered the park when I spotted what looks like a long dead '72 Chrysler New Yorker. It looked like someone rolled it off the dirt road and left it to become a shooting target. After a visit off trail to look at the carcass, I resumed my hike. I made the first turn on the trail and spotted what appears to be the rusted hulk of a 70's GM station wagon.

The rusted, shot-up car surrounded by blossoming trees created an interesting contrast.

I wasn't here to see the old cars, but they were too close to pass by. Apparently Morrow Park was donated to the city in the early 60's and remained a passive park. It also became a party palace for the youth in the 70's. Today, it is gated but remains undeveloped for any use other than hiking. Eventually, I did get back to the trail. It was worth the walk.

The trails took work and the paths with caches were overgrown from few visits. Tough trails on a hot evening made this the perfect place to be after work.

I left a few unfound caches for a return visit.

1 comment:

Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.