Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2020

19 February 2020 Another Dead Mall

I grew up as a mall rat.  For over thirty years of business travel, malls have been a place for me to kill at least a little time on a week night away from home.  I knew the Carlisle mall was doomed once BonTon went bankrupt.  I was surprised to see the mall "open".  Rather than journey back to the hotel, I decided to stop to see what was still open.  Malls are now home to martial arts "training" places.  The rest of open stores included a nearly empty food carry-out, GNC, Dunhams, and JoAnn Fabrics which was getting ready to close.  I have forgotten all the malls I have visited while traveling for work that have closed.  Geocaching and parks fil the gaps when the days are longer.  I'm not sure how I will cover the last years of my career on the road.  Time in a hotal can be awful.




At least Massey's was open for winter time frozen custard.


No comments: