Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2021

1 June 2021 Avenging a DNF

 I was headed to Cortland for business and decided to stop for another attempt to find an older multi-cache.  The geocache is at Sullivanville Dam recreation area.  I have visited before but not found this cache.  Today I was determined to make the find.  The first three stages were realtively easy.  The third stage left me blind with a heavily worn tag.  I had enough information to have some idea of where the final might be, but spent a long time muddling through finding the final.

I usually have no idea of how to identify different types of these, but the yellow spots say this is a common whitetail.  It was near one of the stages and spent a lot of time around me while I was looking.


A great blue heron was out looking for a meal.


I spent a long time looking in this area trying to decide which of the possible numbers was written on the weathered stage.


Ah, that moment when you know the cache hiding spot has been found.



I celebrated the find with black raspberry.







No comments: