Pages

Friday, December 30, 2022

16 March 2022 Another Day in Cortland

I like this little quiet area behind the hotel in Cortland. I wish there were something else there once in a while besides cranky geese. This foggy morning it was a peaceful place before I headed to my local office.
I crossed the road today at lunch to visit the main area in Lime Hollow Nature Preserve. As always, I was hoping for some early bird visits. I have been here in the past during tapping time. I noticed they have removed the traditional metal pails for plastic collection bags.
My walk was pleasant, but birdless.
In the early evening, I was treated to a first visit to The Nature Center's von Englin Preserve. Its focal point is Malloryville Bog. I was really happy to find such a great place to visit within the southern tier's short daylight of March. I hope to be able to return and explore some time later in the spring. Once again, Geocaching brought me to an unknown gem on my journey.

No comments: