Pages

Saturday, August 04, 2018

13 March 2018 Caching Around Spokane

The first Spokane GeoTours are winging down and the coins are gone, but I was still hoping to find at least some of the caches while they were active. The Sustainability of Spokane Tour had caches placed to highlight sustainability initiatives in the area. My first stop was at a hide by a solar array. From a distance, I thought this may be a gadget cache. Spokane has one of the best gadget cache builders.

Instead, it was just an elaborate holder for a peanut butter jar container with a couple solar lights randomly attached.

I found an easy puzzle hide which required visiting a couple charging stations to gather information for the final. The Spokane area is much more user friendly to electric vehicles than my home area in Ohio. I visited four charging stations while finding caches for the geotour.

One of my finds included a library cache. I enjoy finding these and seeing the creativity used in the containers.

I forgot elections here are managed with drop boxes at the libraries to collect ballots.

After the SOS caches, I decided to walk an all-purpose trail which runs along a municipal golf course in Liberty Lake. The golf course wasn't yet open and not an issue for finding the caches, but the all purpose trail was congested with walkers, runners, bikers, and even golf cart riders. Despite the crowd, I found both hides along the trail.

No comments: