Pages

Saturday, October 06, 2018

10 May 2018 Virginia Streams

If I visit a location and don't find the cache, I generally don't return unless it is near home or a special area. I looked for a cache alongside a stream in near Fancy Gap in 2013. I didn't make the find, but enjoyed the area. I took nearly five years for a return visit, but it was worth the wait.

It's a tough walk back along a skinny overgrown fishing path, but it was worth the effort.

I was too late for most of the spring wildflowers, but the leaves were still there showing me past blossoms and the pinks were in bloom,

Ali suggested another cache in the area on a piece of private property. One of the benefits of geocaching has been caches granted permission for placement on private lands. It has allowed us a chance to see super places where we would never been able to explore. This family property along a stream was a great place to spend the early evening. There is no structure. It appears to be a place where the family gathers.

The chain across the entrance was anchored to a unique re-purposed fence post.

Painted rocks ringed the campfire.

The trail was dotted with clusters of bluettes and pinks.

No comments: