Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

21 May 2018 In The Yard

2017 was a terrible summer for me. Work was stressful and completely unrewarding. It dragged me down. I decided this year was time to play in the yard. I bought some tree seedlings. I planned some pruning. It put me in a happier place. I am not so sure our Mazda 3 shared my enthusiasm.

I lost a Japanese larch during a windstorm. It was my favorite tree. I planted it at about two feet. It grew strong and was beautiful. For Christmas, Ali ordered a new one. Today it was planted. Hopefully this one will grow to be just as beautiful and outlive me.

There's some nice spring color in the yard.

I had all but resigned to losing out multiple viburnums to viburnum leaf beetles, but last year they seemed to hold their own. This spring their growth is strong and blossoms plentiful. I have enough confidence I have started reshaping the worst hit rather then figuring any bit of green was too vital to risk by pruning.

Grow Japanese Larch! Grow!

No comments: