Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

19 June 2018 Liberty Lake

I was back for another visit to Liberty Lake with hopefully an avenged DNF from a prior visit. This evening started with a new bird sighting. I had just left the parking lot and started on the trail when I spotted a violet-green swallow. It was a new bird sighting for me. Luckily, it was unbothered by my many attempts to capture a clean image.

It was definitely bird night as I spotted multiple woodpeckers as I approached the location of my prior unfound caache. I was able to capture a few images of the male and female pair as I worked to find the cache I missed on my last visit.

I had veered off the main trail for another cache find and was returning to the main trail when I spotted an osprey perched just off the trail. It was my evening for bird sightings.

Sometimes the lure of something is better than the reality. Who knows if that is true for floatplanes, but they have my attention whenever I see one. This one passed over the trail on the way to a landing on Liberty Lake.

The lupines were not as plentiful here as in Pend Oreille, but they were still a pleasant sight as were the park's other wildflowers.

Despite the late sunset I wasn't able to reach as deep in the trail as I hoped. I did manage to spot a nice stream on my journey. The rest of the trail and the much longer hike to Mica Peak will need to wait for a Sunday visit.

No comments: