Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2018

28 June 2018 Walking Around the Compound

When I am in Mexico for business, I usually stay in a large compound with three hotels and a handful of restaurants. I usually spend time in the courtyard area of my hotel, but I was restless this evening. Wandering along the edge of the property I was able to spot a white-winged dove and a purple finch feasting on the sunflowers.

Years ago the chicken tax ended the import of smaller trucks into the US. Small trucks of all brands faded from our roads. They are still quite popular in Mexico. The Fiat Strada Adventure is one of the forbidden fruits.

The Ranger is returning to the US. It dwarfs the Starda, but will still be a reasonable size alternative to Detroit's overgrown truck offerings.

They haven't been made for a long time, but Mexico still has a number of Volkswagon Beatles in use. This one at a nearby restaurant was in nice shape

No comments: