Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

1 October 2019 Back on the Trail, Sort Of

My fever dropped slighly so we were going to see if I could tough it out on a light trail day. Our plan was to visit a few overlooks, take a very short hike to Dark Hollow Falls and finish with a walk to Bushy Top for sunset.

It's tradition for me to take a picture of Ali while in front of the cabin where we stayed on each of our visits.


We managed a few pleasant overlooks.


Dark Hollow Falls was a different story.  It was a bright, sunny day, but I had issues with my balance and almost no strength to reach the falls.  In the end we were there, but it was a very painful journey.  My many falls on the way to and from Dark Hollow Falls made me realize I would be useless without something to hold me up.  For the rest of the week I used a hiking pole for balance.  It was the only way I could possibly join Ali for a walk to one of our favorite places to end the day at Millers Head overlook.



No comments: