Pages

Thursday, July 04, 2019

20 February 2019 Morches Park

I've made many visits to Morsches Park while visiting a company site in Columbia City.  This was my first winter visit.  There were a few caches in the park that offered an evening of walking.  With the calendar stuck in late February and Daylight Saving Time still in the future, I was happy for the opportunity to be outside.

I hadn't planned to be crossing a frozen area (or for the ice to crack and soak my feet).  I also hadn't planned for very cold, light rain as I made my way through the trails.  I wasn't the only creature on the trails.


The first find was easy.  A five-gallon pail in the woods is an easy spot.  A five-gallon pail frozen in place is not an easy retrieval.  I gave up trying to free the container instead torturing my fingers to remove the frozen lid.


I had not visited the north trail and found these steps on my walk.


It was a peaceful journey.  It was long enough to convince me to head back to the hotel for a long, quiet evening.


No comments: