Pages

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

27 April 2019 Alone With the Dogs

Ali was back east to visit with family so I was dog and house sitting.  With spring there are always chores to do so keeping busy and usefull outside wasn't a problem.  I did take time to see what was blooming.

Crabapple


Magnolia


Serviceberry


Closer to the ground, our grape hyacinths were blanketing the edges of the lawn.


The chores were so consuming that I hadn't time to head southwest to a favorite bakery in the Old Brooklyin area.


I wanted to take a short hike and hunt a few caches.  I had decided to make a visit to West Creek Preserve.  It has been 14 years since my first visit here.  On that first visit the park was a mess.  It was a dumping ground for the locals.  Cleveland Metroparks has made a wonderful transformation of the area.  My walk today included spring wildflowers, mallards, and the cleaned stream.







No comments: