Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2019

8 May 2019 Finding Hidden Treasures

This post isn't really about geocaching.  The hidden treasures were a pair of woodpeckers I spotted while out for a lunchtime walk.


There is a geocaching twist though.  I stopped at the park to walk for a bit and see what spring wildflowers might be in bloom.  The spring wildflowers were mostly past bloom so there were little blossoms to see.  Noise in the trees gave me a glimpse of these two flickers moving from tree to tree together.  I was lucky and managed a few images.

The geocaching twist is a puzzle at this park.  I have been in my new office for three years.  It is close to this park which had an unfound puzzle cache I solved when my office moved.  Over the three years, I have stopped and looked and repeated the process.  I finally stopped looking last year.  Today, with the excitement of the flickers, I decided to take a walk and look once again.  Within minutes, luck was with me and the log was signed.  It was a good lunch break


No comments: