Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

17 March 2009 Bond Lake









You need to enjoy a certain amount of pain or at least discomfort to cache in the Falls. Many places never dry out, and things with thorns seem everywhere (maybe the locals hunt these out as hide locations).

My work has taken me elsewhere for over a year. Now with the economy in rough shape, I find myself back in a place that has been a third home for most of my adult life. After a year of being mostly elsewhere, there is a new stock of hides at many familiar places. I'll have a lot of time here for at least the next six months. At least there will some good cache hunting. I grabbed one cache this evening. It was really close to the property that backs against a shooting range. The nearer I got to the cache, the louder the shots got. Needless to say, I didn't bother to trade.

No comments: