Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

15 December 2011 There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays

I was finally ready to pack it in for the year and go home. I traveled twenty percent more this year for business than in 2010, and 2012 was looming like just as busy and more. I spent over ten percent of the year in a western state.

There's not much to see in Spokane in the middle of December. Usually my trips here are filled with great pictures of the area. I've never been here in December before. The sun was gone by 3:50 and it was dark a few minutes after 4. My evenings were spent visiting the nearby mall, visiting the local REI (the week couldn't be all work - I really wish there was one of these where I traveled back east), and eating at a mongolian bbg (yum).

On the way to the airport, I had time for one detour and decided to make a stop in Spokane to see the River and the Falls. The falls are really nice. They are not Niagara Falls, but the river was fast moving and there was access across the river on a really nice suspension bridge.



The best feeling on a trip home is seeing the jet for your last flight home sitting at the gate in nice weather.


For some reason the walkway wouldn't engage with the jet so we had to sit at the gate while the ground crew tried to resolve the problem. It was weird being the only incoming flight sitting in a defective gate while all these empty gates surrounded us. The crew eventually got the equipment to work, but it was past midnight and time for a walk through a deserted Hopkins.


Happiness! The flight was so late Ali had already grabbed my bag.

No comments: