Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

21 May 2013 On the Way to the Falls

I have never seen a Canadian service marker on a grave in the US before this. Mr. Doyle served his country in World War I.

Despite caching often, I rarely see active birds nests. Today I quietly walked away from two hides near active nests.

I finally stopped and visited the Waymark for this statue of President Lincoln in Westfield, New York. In 1860, 12-year-old Grace Bedell of Westfield sent the future president a letter suggesting he grow a beard to help him win the upcoming election. The beard has become a part of the man's story. In 1861, President Lincoln's train made a stop in Westfield where the president personally met with the young lady.

The cottonwoods were leaving dropped material all along the bike trail in Chautauqua. It made for one hairy-looking toad.

Despite the overcast evening, it was still possible to catch a glimpse of the Canadian shore from the overlook. I enjoy a walk in the trails and a fun multi despite a light rain fall.

My last stop of the evening was along a nice inlet to Lake Erie. The weather was clearing with the sun making an appearance in time for sunset.

No comments: