Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

31 May 2013 Going Home

It's not often that I go on a trip and come away with no photos and almost no caches from walking or hiking after work, but this week was one of those. I had an external audit and was too tired by the end of the day to chase caches or images. I was anticipating both today on my drive home. I had a big hike, but didn't do so well with the caching. I stopped at a gamelands directly on my route. There were a three caches in the gamelands including a two high-terrain hides. I thought it was a perfect fit. Oops...

Past a certain point early in the walk, I lost what little path there was making this a big time bushwhack over rocks and through multi-flora rose. In the end, I dnf'd one cache, did not hunt a second, and managed a single find. My return trip was even more interesting since the caches were above private property and a shooting range. I tried without success to return to parking while staying on gamelands property, but was thrilled to only skirt the edge of the shooting range and not get in the middle of it.

This adventure wiped out most of my caching time and left me more tired and sore than contented. Some days going home is a better choice than getting flogged in the woods.

No comments: