Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2 August 2017 Dishman Hills and Cars

It had been a long time since my last visit to Dishman Hills. I was tired but determined to hit the trail at one of my favorite parks. I found one cache, spotted a new bird, and enjoyed my outing immensely.

I was excited to see a new bird in the park. It is a canyon wren and uncommon in Dishman Hills. They are more known for spottings in Riverside Park and ironically the Little Spokane River where I had just hiked a few days prior. Normally Dishman Hills would not offer enough water to attract them.

I was done for the day and heading back to the hotel when I drove past Ron's Drive In and noticed they were having a cruise night. We have been here before for a geocaching event, but I rarely stop here as they do not offer chocolate ice cream. 8)

There were a few rarer cars here. Even though the event was winding down, I was happy to stop and enjoy.

1958 Edsel

1959 Galaxie Skyline

1958 Chevy Cameo

1959 Pontiac Catalina

1963 Ford Fairlane

1956 Ford Fairlane

It isn't often these days where I can stop by a car show, and a significant number of the cars are older than I am. ;)

No comments: