Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

19 October 2019 Back on the Trail Slowly

I had been on supermeds for a week and a half.  Somehow I had only missed one day of work.  I was still weak and wobbly, but determined to get back to a normal life if possible.  We were making a first visit in a long time to our Pennsylvania home.  SGL190 was on the way.  It's a fairly gentle gamelands so this was a good place to try.


It felt really good to be with Ali and the dogs when we visited the first cache.


One down.  Eight more to go.


Lizzie was happy.  She's usually in motion unless we are signing a log book.  Then she's often pulling leaves into a dog bed.  Today she was excited to be back on the trail after over a month of down time.


It was a mostly uneventful, fall walk through pleasant woods.


Until we reached the second last cache.  We had crossed a stream and climbed a very steep hill to reach the cache.  Ali found the cache and we were ready to go...  down.


Normally trails like this are fun, but I was exhausted.  I still didn't have my balance back, and I had to take a dog with me.  The path down was too steep to give Ali both dogs while I made my way down.


I made it down!  I can't remember which dog came with me.  I had survived my first day back on the trail.

No comments: