Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2021

11 December 2020 Spring-like Day

 The weather was expected to be mild so I scheduled a vacation day to use time that had built-up during COVID-19.  We decided to spend the afternoon hiking in Cleveland Metroparks' Brecksville Reservation.  It was a perfectly mild day that felt like spring despite the remnants of the recent snow along the edge of the trail.  We had a great time on a long hike.


We enjoyed spotting this tufted titmouse along our journey.


I first thought someone left peanuts for squirrels.  I have since learned that peanuts are a favorite meal of blue jays.


We've walked the Buckeye Trail in Brecksville many times and never noticed this waterfall and small pool.  It is deep in a ravine and not easily reached with dogs.  I will stop by sometime after a strong rain and make my way back for a better view.



No comments: