Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2021

5 December 2020 Westside Murals

 There was a time we were frequent visitors to the West Side Market.  Life became busy.  The market was always packed.  Vendors we always visited moved on.  We wanted to get out for a bit this afternoon so we grabbed our masks and headed to the near west side of Cleveland.  In better times we would have stopped in the market.  I would have bought navels.  We would have bought produce.  Today we walked by the market and went in search of murals for an Adventure Lab.


I miss the market.  I'm not sure if I fit in with the hipster, alcohol focus the area seems to have gathered.

This is a mural, but it somehow reminds me of the weird beach blanket patterns on my youth.  The mural helps with a finish to give the look of a cloth towel in the shadows and depth changes.


It seems like every town has one of these now.  The first I knew of these was from Bruce Springsten's early album.

Yes, I was a very early Springsteen fan.

It was a short trip down memory lane.  From my youth when I grew up on Cleveland's near West Side and from days past when we would visit the West Side Market and create memories together.  It was time to return to the present with masks and a pandemic.

No comments: