Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

13 December 2020 Grey December Day

 In Northeast Ohio some Decmeber days just never get brighter.  This was one of those days.  After much recent rain and storms the bridle trail in South Chagrin was wet with downed branches everywhere.



This smooth fungus almost looked like some sort of seafood to me.


Shadow Lake has history for me.  I grew up on Cleveland's west side.  When I began working I moved to this area to be closer to work.  It was a new, different world for me.  Shadow Lake was a place to go and be outdoors.  I don't see this place often anymore since my work has taken me to a different county, but it is a peaceful memory.


Some things don't change.  This trash dump was flaring methane when I lived near here years ago and still continues to flare.


These teepee structures are not uncommon elsewhere in South Chagrin, but I've noticed them elsewhere in Cleveland Metroparks.


Who knows when the grey winter days of Northeast Ohio will end with a return of cold sunshine.  In the meantime, we shortened the winter by day with time on the trail.  That is a win.

No comments: