Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

24 January 2009 Sittin' with Sandman





I was supposed to be in Pennsylvania today for a geocaching event. The event is based on the TV show the Amazing Race. I've spent most of my free time for the last six weeks getting ready for the event. Instead I spent last night and today (and tomorrow) babysitting my sick cat Sandy. He's getting old, but was doing really well so I agreed it was okay for his teeth to be cleaned. He was okay for a few days and then things got really bad. He stopped eating and eventually drinking and then everything else. After a couple trips to the vet and an overnight stay, they pronounced him ready to return home.

Since at least one of us needed to be in Pennsylvania for the event we were co-costing, I decided to be the one to stay home with him. It's been really quiet day-and-a-half. He's eating again so that's super, but he still doesn't want to drink any water. At least he's purring a lot. I hope our efforts can give him some more quality days. I missed seeing my friends today, but I'm not sure I missed the really cold weather.

No comments: