Pages

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

23 May 2010 Chores


It was a day to do some chores in PA. We had purchased wildflowers at Holden for the stream bed so I worked on planting those while Ali made another check for garlic mustard along the trails. On the way into the woods, I spotted a indigo bunting. It's not the greatest shot, but it is rare when I actually spot a bird on my own. It's rarer still when I actually get a photo. ;-)






Later we stopped for a few caches on the way home including a return visit to McCray Church Cemetery. McCray Methodist Church was the home to early settlers in the area including a couple of the area's few Revolutionary War Veterans. James MCray was one of those veteranc. Today, he rests in the cemetery alongside his wife Eleanor.

The old church still stands across the road from the current church. It appears to be the home of the local 4H group. This shamrock is posted on the front of the old building.

No comments: