Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

23 September 2012 Back in New York

I needed to be in New York for business on Monday while Ali needed to be back in Ohio for work. I wanted to spend as much time as possible together so we decided to hike the rail trail that crosses from Pennsylvania into New York. We found some good caches and the dogs seemed happy.

After Ali and the dogs headed for home in Ohio, I continued in New York to hunt a few caches. My first stop was a cemetery which had a grave for Massachusetts Minuteman Asa Gage.

I thought of going to Busti and finishing a series of caches I had started to find last year, but I still wanted some time on the trail and wanted to search for full size caches so I made my way over to the nearby state forest to hit the trail. It is a good place to hike and offered a number of caches we hadn't found. I found the first and had just signed the log when my luck with no rain ran out. I was glad I can still run so I could get out of the forest without being totally soaked.

No comments: