Pages

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

11 September 2013 Short Tour of Drummond Island

I had a few hours to explore the island before an evening's social gathering. I wanted to find two multis and explore as much a possible. My first stop was a campground with an inlet and boat docks. The motorboats were tempting for a few hours on the water, but my exploration was going to be limited to land. I eventually made my way to a cemetery for the first multi. The first stage was gathering information. The second stage was completely unexpected as it led into the woods and the two old cars below. I wonder what history they saw.

I wasn't as lucky with the second multi. It started at a beach with an easy stage one. Stage two was in a section of woods with great rocks behind the beach. I am certain stage two was missing, but the hunt was in a great location. After that, I made my way back to the beach to enjoy the afternoon and watch a couple hunt beach glass. I grabbed a couple more caches on my way to gas and found some Mackinac Island fudge at a small store with a friendly owner before making my way back to a cookout and bonfire.

No comments: