Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

11 October 2017 Muggled by a Dog

I am slowly finding all the available caches at Saltese. Soon their will only be night caches, and I don't cache at night.

This evening I stopped by Saltese for a couple of the finds requiring longer hikes. The never ending sunshine of Sunday had been replaced by overcast. By this evening grey was the predominant color.

It has become customary for me to visit a cache location not far from the parking coordinates with each visit. After at least a half dozen visits, the hide remained elusive. Not this evening. I hadn't time to begin my ritual swearing and promising to never return when there it was. It is so anti-climatic when I find a cache that has eluded me and realize the find should have been made on the first visit.

There it is hiding below a few rocks.

Maybe I should turn in my geocaching license. Here it is uncovered.

The find brought elation and a let down. I now knew it was more likely I would now find all the caches in Saltese at some time.

I continued my journey and moved toward my encounter with the muggle dog.

The weird part of muggle dog was I offended it with my presence long distance. I was at a much higher elevation. It was lower and across the road. I wasn't in its territory or doing anything threatening, but this dog was offended by my presence. He looked straight at me and barked as long as I could be seen (see the circle below)

Deer muggles are easy.

They know they are supposed to run away.

It was time to close out another year of visits to Spokane.

For a brief moment, I had a quick thought of stopping to see if I could find the first marker for the night cache. It was very brief.

No comments: