Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2017

5 July 2017 Eagle Marsh

I was still grumpy from the lost holiday, but happy that another audit was half completed. After the office I was ready to spend an evening on the trail. I was hoping to find caches, but other than one find I needed to be able to swim better than the geese below to reach the others in the marsh. The sights of the marsh easily offset the unreachable caches.

It wasn't like I didn't try to find caches. I was determined to see if there were a dry path to a few of the caches. Every attempt by me was met by water much deeper than even I was willing to try on a warm evening. Okay, I really wanted to stop for dinner after caching so there was a limit to my sense of adventure this evening.

I was about 300 feet from the cache while standing at the end of the "trail" here. This one will wait for another evening.

The "trail" here is a submerged waterway hiding boot sucking mud. A short venture on this trail ended my hopes of dry clothes for the evening meal. The cache was about .2 miles away when I decided I was done.

I decided to stick with flowers for the rest of the evening.

No comments: