Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

17 November 2007 Summit and Portage










The last two months have been a train-wreck for me. My professional life was turned upside-down and really made me stop and look around. It also made me start to lose things and be forgetful. Last week, I realized that outside sources of support wouldn't always there when you needed them, and in the end, I needed inner strength. So far, life is a lot quieter, but it is working. I have resolved a lot of uncertainty in the last week. I still need to make more changes, and I am not certain how much I am going to like the added travel (I haven't so far). Even so, things are looking up. I found something last evening that I lost almost two months prior. Now if I could just remember where I left my planner...

For me, it seemed appropriate to visit Kent Bog today. We were going to cache around in Summit County and go to a friend's CITO event, but I just wanted a day away from everyone. Instead, we decided to make Eric's virtual at this nature area our last stop of the day. The bog was nearly deserted on a cold, rainy day, but it was a perfect time for a peaceful walk through the graceful tamaracks that populate the bog. It was also a good time to reflect on our lost friend Eric. It has been over two years since Eric passed. It would be nice to see his friendly, gentle face and visit with him for a spell, but his memory lives on and returns to us at places like this. We cached well today friend. Hopefully, we'll see you around the bend.

No comments: