Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 April 2009 Cambria Town Park




There is a new(er) cache in this new park. I wanted to go somewhere else besides Bond Lake this evening so I stopped here on the way to the hotel. As I pulled into the park, I noticed something that looked like birds in a long, shallow pond off too the right of the drive. My brain didn't really register that they were tundra swan probably migrating. Rather than stopping and grabbing the camera, I blissfully drove on while looking at them. Only as they took off and left the pond did I realize what they were. Oops, no pictures for me.

The park is more of a nature area which is great for me. There are multiple small viewing platforms that lead into the wetlands area. The spring peepers were in full chorus this evening. As were the western chorus frogs. I actually learned what they were and what sound they make by reading the information sign near the park's gazebo. Caching and listening to frogs makes for a nice evening.

This is my first attempt at adding video. I've done it more for the sounds than the image. We'll see how it works out.



No comments: