Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

31 March 2009 Mall Rat









I've always been a mall rat. From high school and hanging out with friends in the game room at Parmatown Mall to walking the malls in twenty-plus years of solitary business travel, I've seen more than I can count. During the winter, walking the local malls with Ali helps me get past a season of little light and coldness. While I've traveled, malls, geocaching, and a few wonderful friends have helped me keep my sanity in a quiet world of being alone. This evening, Ali and I stopped by Beachwood Place for some steps and time together before I was once again on the road. The mall had creative displays in each wing to stress that there are so many hurting in this rough economic time and to encourage giving to the local food banks and hunger centers. It's a good idea for all of us who can give to remember those of us who need.

No comments: