Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

23 June 2009 Eight Years










It's hard to believe it has been eight years since I planted these rhododendrons. In 2001 I was spending a lot of time in New York at the site implementing an ISO9001-based quality system. I would drive to PA and Ali would drive up to meet me sometime on Saturday. To fill my alone time, I went to a nearby nursery and bought two dozen small rhododendrons to plant around the house. A few have bloomed each of the past two years and some bushes are still fighting the constant deer attacks. This year though, a couple were in full bloom.


The columbine are from a small shade garden in the front. They are all cultivated colors except the yellow one which is the true wildflower bought at Holden a few years ago. They keep improving each year. :-)

No comments: